Music for Children
The Music Ministry works closely with the Children’s Ministry to integrate music into our students’ total church experience. Our purpose is to teach children about the love of Jesus through the gift of music. Children will experience this love, gain confidence, and have fun through singing hymns and anthems, creative movement, and playing games and instruments.
Our Music Ministry sponsors choir programs for children in Pre-K through sixth grade that meets during the school year. Our Second-Ponce Singers participate in worship services every six to eight weeks, and all children’s choirs participate in special presentations at Christmas and in the spring.
Music Friends: Pre-K (age 4 by 9/1/16) and Kindergarten
Leaders: Edie Whitaker and Whitney Anderson
Music Friends will meet every Wednesday starting on August 17, 2016, from 5:30 – 6:20 p.m. in Room C318 in the Children’s Building.
Music Makers: Grades 1 & 2
Leaders: Angelyn Turner and Anne Thomas
Music Makers will meet every Wednesday starting on August 17, 2016, from 5:30 – 6:20 p.m. in Room C302 in the Children’s Building and finish in the Sanctuary Choir Room.
Second-Ponce Singers: Grades 3, 4, 5 & 6
Leader: Anne Thomas
The Second-Ponce Singers will meet every Wednesday starting August 17, 2016, from 5:30 – 6:20 p.m. in the Sanctuary Choir Room.
Attendance is counted each week so that awards may be given at the end of the choir year. Please contact Anne Thomas if 770-402-9088 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you know that you will be absent from Wednesday choir rehearsal or from a Sunday worship participation date.
- A choir participation trophy will be awarded to each child who completes the choir year.
- A Superior Choir Attendance Trophy will be awarded to children who miss no more than two rehearsals during the choir year.
- An Excellent Choir Attendance Trophy will be awarded to children who miss no more than four rehearsals during the choir year.
- Gold and Silver Medals will be awarded for perfect and excellent (missing no more than two) worship participations for Second-Ponce Singers
- A “Years of Service” award will be given to 5th grade children for the number of years they have participated in children’s choirs.
- A 6th Grade Mentor Trophy will be given to any 6th grader who participates in the Second-Ponce Singers
- A “Celebrating Grace” hymnal will be awarded to each 2nd grader in Music Makers Choir.
Our Children’s Music & Missions programs are never closed. We are always happy to add additional children to our groups. If your child is interested in joining one of our choirs or participating in one of our children’s missions groups, contact Anne Thomas at 770-402-9088 or email@example.com or Kellie Denton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to access our field trip and medical forms.
Music Ministry Staff
Minister of Music, Director of Sounds of Faith
Music Associate & Organist
Director of Children’s Choirs