Volunteering at Second-Ponce: Serving the community as the hands and feet of Christ.
Are you interested in volunteering at Second-Ponce de Leon? Please contact the department in which you are interested in serving.
To volunteer in the area of local missions, connect to a local group project, or help with our church coffee ministry, contact EngagedTeam@spdl.og
Interested in joining a mission trip or volunteering with our Global Team? Contact GlobalTeam@spdl.org
Would you like to be a greeter on Sunday mornings or help with special church events? Contact InvitingTeam@spdl.org
Do you have a passion for working with children or teenagers? Contact Rev. Ryan Wilson email@example.com (Youth) or Rev. Kellie Denton firstname.lastname@example.org (Children) to learn more about how to get involved in our Youth or Children’s ministries.
College Ministry Engagement Opportunities
The Baptist Collegiate Ministries (BCM) at Georgia Tech and Georgia State are hosting “Welcome Week” activities for new and returning students. The Engaged Team is looking for interested people willing to represent Second-Ponce at the following events:
• Breakfast at Georgia Tech on Sunday, August 20 & 27 to welcome students and connect them to local churches. BCM provides breakfast, and individuals from churches provide rides to their church.
• Georgia State University BCM Cookout and Ignite (worship), Tuesday evening, August 22.
• Georgia Tech BCM Student Mixer, Tuesday, August 29. An evening to simply mix and mingle with BCM students– new and returning. Worship begins at 7:30 p.m. and ends at about 8:45 p.m. The time for you to get to know students will be after worship.
Help support Garden Hills Elementary School this Fall!
Join us in supporting our local elementary school and neighbor, Garden Hills Elementary, in one of three ways this Fall:
1. Donate school supplies! Please drop off the following items to the church office during the remaining days of August: rubber cement, liquid glue, glue sticks, fat pencils, primary notebooks.
2. Volunteer with Second-Ponce at the Garden Hills Elementary Fall Festival on Saturday, October 21.
3. Help tutor students at GHES (during school hours). To learn more about how to get involved, contact the Engaged Team at EngagedTeam@spdl.org.
Stay Tuned for more updates coming from the Engaged Team! We’re hard at work planning more ways for our congregation to engage with our community–including a new partnership with Orchard (formerly ACM) and their “Second Saturdays” ministry. Be on the lookout for new opportunities to get involved, beginning in September!
• Global Team Gathering. All are invited to this Global Team gathering on Sunday, September 10 at 12:15 p.m. in the Kivette Room. Come and hear a report on the Miami Mission Trip and learn more about the current and upcoming opportunities with the Global Team. Meeting location: The Kivette Room (near the Welcome Center/North Bridge entrance).
• Save The Date: Miami Mission Trip 2018: July 14–21, 2018. More details to come. Contact GlobalTeam@spdl.org with questions or to express interest in joining our team for 2018!
If you are unsure which department to contact, please call the church office at (404) 266-8111.