Second-Ponce de Leon University (SPdLU)
You are invited to develop a richer understanding of God and His word with SPdL University (SPdLU), an in-depth study experience. Offerings include traditional lecture-based learning from SPdL staff and guest speakers, small group studies and experiences, and one-time workshops on topics of interest. Past guest speakers have included seminary professors from the McAfee School of Theology at Mercer University and representatives from our partner organizations. Small group activities have included in-depth study of books of the Bible, experiencing prayer in new ways, and book studies. Watch the At Second-Ponce newsletter for additional information or contact Dr. David Hull at email@example.com.
Current/Upcoming SPdLU Topics
Faith & Science
May 29–June 26 | Fellowship Hall
Does the universe make sense?
Do the cosmos have purpose?
Do human beings matter?
How do new medical technologies alter our understanding of life & death?
Do scientists & people of faith have anything meaningful to say to each other?
What does Scripture say about the relationship between faith & science?
Join us as we grapple together with the compatibility of faith and science in a new SPdLU series in a combination of guest speakers and small group discussion.
• Wednesday, May 29: Faith and Science—An Introduction led by Rev. Peter Wallace
• Wednesday, June 12: Created in God’s Image led by Rob Suggs
• Wednesday, June 19: Numbering Our Days: Faith, Life & Death led by Dr. David Hull
• Sunday, June 23 | *Lunch & Learn: God and the Cosmos led by Dr. Paul Wallace
*Lunch is $8/person. RSVP to Karen Harwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404.591.4357.
• Wednesday, June 26: Eternity and Quantum Physics led by Dr. Karen Harwell
Read speaker bios and more on the Faith & Science page.