Volunteering at Second-Ponce
Areas of Benefit
GENERAL CHURCH OPPORTUNITIES
- Coffee Ministry: Prepare and serve coffee each Sunday morning.
- SPdL Bug Drivers: Assist people as they move from the parking lot to the church building each Sunday.
- Greeters: Be a part of welcoming people to church before Sunday School and worship.
- TV/Technology Team: Help with cameras, sound and graphics for church services and TV recording.
- Ridgecrest Lodge: Help with maintenance at the church’s lodge in Ridgecrest, N.C.
- Flower Ministry: Each Monday, this ministry makes smaller arrangements from the Sanctuary flowers and takes them to people who
cannot attend church.
- Friday Lunch Receptionist: Friendly and helpful volunteers are needed to work the receptionist desk during the lunch hour. Times can be worked
out on an individual basis.
MINISTRY AREA OPPORTUNITIES
- Vacation Bible School: Volunteers are needed to set up and decorate prior to VBS, lead and participate throughout the week and help take
down/disassemble the event.
- Family Ministry Outreach & Care Group: Works as needed to address outreach and care opportunities within the ministry to children & families.
- Children’s Ministry Special Event Leaders & Chaperones: Works as needed during events throughout the year.
- Children’s Ministry Check-in Greeters: Works Sunday mornings before Sunday School.
- Lead Youth Bible Study: Sundays, 9:45-10:45 a.m. in the Youth Area; Get to know youth better and help lead small group discussions. You can also volunteer to help lead boys’ or girls’ Bible studies on a week night.
- Participate in Youth Game Night: Come play games with the youth on the first Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m.
- Music Ministry: Put your musical skills to use praising our Lord.
- Young Adult Sunday School Class Breakfast: Volunteers provide one light breakfast meal each month for a group of 10–15 young adults.
- Young Adult Weeknight Small Group: Tuesdays, 7 p.m.; Volunteer to host a group 10-15 young adults in your home for an evening of fellowship and Bible study. Providing a meal is not required, but we ask you to consider sharing a side dish or drinks for the evening. This volunteer
opportunity is a great way to get to know SPdL young adults.
- Respite Care Atlanta: RCA needs your help! Consider being a greeter, lunch server, office assistant, care giver, piano player, art instructor, cooking demonstrator, flower arranger, physical fitness instructor, gardening and dance instructor, story teller or any other of their growing list of volunteer roles
VOLUNTEER INTEREST FORM