Thank you for taking the time to submit your nominations for Deacons and church officers; You are an important part of the process. After the Nominating Committee makes its recommendations, every member will have the opportunity to vote on these individuals at the church conference in October.
We are looking for your nominations for these positions:
• Deacons to serve a three-year term. See the separate qualifications document linked just above the nomination form on this page There is a one-year waiting period before an active Deacon can start a new term, so those currently serving cannot be nominated for a new three-year term.
• Life Deacons to serve as long as they are able. Life Deacons are selected based on long and distinguished service as a Deacon in the cause of Christ. Active and inactive Deacons may be nominated for Life Deacon.
• Church Clerk to serve a one-year term. The Clerk maintains the records of the church, including minutes of church conferences and Deacons meetings. The Clerk also serves as the Secretary of our non-profit corporation. The Church Clerk is allowed to serve up to three consecutive one-year terms after which he or she may not serve again for at least one year. John Bush has served faithfully for three years and is not eligible for another term.
• Church Treasurer to serve a one-year term. The Treasurer oversees our financial activities and is required to sign all checks. The Church Treasurer is allowed to serve up to three consecutive one-year terms after which he or she may not serve again for at least two years. Jim Weldon has served us well this year and he is eligible to be nominated for a second term.
• Director of Bible Study to serve a one-year term. The Director of Bible Study works with the ministers to provide general direction to the Bible study efforts of the church. There are no term limits for this position therefore Duncan Harle is eligible to be nominated.
A few other things to keep in mind as you make your nominations:
• There is no restriction on spouses and other immediate family members serving as active Deacons at the same time.
• There is also no restriction on spouses and immediate family members of our staff serving as Deacons.
• There is no limit on the number of nominations a member can submit so please consider candidates for all positions.
As you prayerfully consider submissions for Deacon and church leadership roles, please review the expectations for service and names of current leadership. We’ve put everything on a single reference sheet for your convenience. Find the information here.
Your nominations are vital to assembling strong church leadership. The deadline for nominations is September 30.